​(Frequently Asked Questions)

  • Question Mark IconWhat do I need to apply?
    Two forms of identification for each family member which can include:
    • birth certificate
    • driver's license
    • alien registration card
    • employment permit
    • voter's registration card
    • Social Security card
    • current school records

  • Question Mark IconIncome verification
    Income is verified for the past three (3) months prior to application date. Individual/family for emergency services income cut off is 110% of the Federal Poverty Level Income Guidelines- FPLG (click here to access current FPLG). For the remainder it is 150%. The individual applying shall be considered the head of the household for the purpose of eligibility determination and service provision. Under no circumstances will delinquent accounts be paid if listed in a child's name under age eighteen (18). If the individual is under 18 years of age and cannot provide documentation of emancipation and/or legal guardian, services cannot be provided. Verification of gross income includes, but is not limited to:
    1. check stubs, W-2, or current income tax statement
    2. a print-out sheet from Work And Gain Economic Sufficiency (WAGES) or 3 months of WAGES check stubs.
    3. a statement and/or wage form completed by past employers.
    4. a print out sheet from unemployment compensation
    5. Verification of benefits from the Social Security Office.

  • Question Mark IconAssets
    individual/family assets must not exceed $2,000.00 for an individual or $3,000 for a family.

    Where possible assets are defined as any tangible item of value excluding homestead property and primary car and/or those assets defined through WAGES, as appropriate. Primary car is one that is used for medical, educational and employment purposes.

    Verification includes:
    1. Checking and/or savings account statement over the past three (3) months
    2. Property tax statement
    3. Legal description of property verified by Property Appraiser's Officed. Proof of stocks and bonds
    4. Proof of certificate of deposit
    5. Proof of cash surrender value of life insurance policy(ies)

  • Question Mark IconResidency
    The individual must reside in Palm Beach County.
    Verification includes:
    1. Current property tax bill
    2. Current lease/rent receipts for last 3 months
    3. Current mortgage statement
    4. Local school registration, or
    5. Other appropriate documents

  • Question Mark IconLegal status
    The individual/family must provide documentation of legal status.
    1. I-94
    2. I-9 (employment authorization)
    3. Green card
    4. Social security card
    5. Birth certificate

  • Question Mark IconWho can apply?

    ​The head of the household. This is the person (18 years and older) whose name is on the household bills.

  • Question Mark IconHow long does the process take?

    ​Once the applicant completes all the paperwork the social worker can advise of eligibility. If eligible, payments are made directly to the vendor; the process takes four to six weeks from eligibility determination. Case management is an integral part of services provided.

Important Links - Resource Numbers