Mayor Gregg Weiss, a retired business executive from California, was elected to the District 2 seat of the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners in November 2018. Weiss was reelected in 2022 and tapped as mayor by his fellow commissioners.
He serves on the Governing Board of the Palm Beach County Solid Waste Authority. Mayor Weiss is active in the National Association of Counties (NACo), currently serving as co-chair of the Artificial Intelligence exploratory Committee, chair of the Telecom and Technology Committee, vice chair of the IT Subcommittee, and the Resilience Committee.
Prior to his election to the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners, he served as vice chair on the West Palm Beach Planning Board and numerous other boards of area organizations and nonprofits. Currently, Gregg sits on the Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency Governing Board and the Water Resources Task Force, and he chairs the Business Development Executive Board and the CareerSource Palm Beach County Consortium.
Gregg Weiss was born and raised in Southern California. After graduating from the University of California at Irvine with degrees in economics and social ecology, he made a career in the then-emerging computer industry. Gregg worked his way up to becoming a business executive overseeing sales, marketing and strategy for several Fortune 500 companies both in the U.S. and Australia. Gregg and Rebecca, his wife of more than 30 years, retired while in their 40s and decided to sail the world on their 50-foot boat named Kimba. They anchored in the Lake Worth Lagoon in 2004 and made West Palm Beach their new home.
Weiss has been active in the community as a volunteer and board member. He was president of the West Palm Beach Police Foundation and a founding member of Speak Up for Kids.
He regularly patrols his neighborhood and serves as its citizen observer patrol captain, and Rebecca fosters kittens for the Peggy Adams Rescue League. Gregg is a member of Temple Israel.
Palm Beach County is a diverse community and has an equally diverse economy that includes both a large rural agricultural sector as well as a highly urbanized biotech sector. Our county is at the forefront of dealing with the impacts of climate change and sea level rise, not only along the coast but also inland where additional challenges threaten water supply and water quality.
As chair of the interagency Lake Worth Lagoon Initiative Steering Committee and a board member of the Palm Beach County Water Resources Task Force, Mayor Weiss is especially involved with water quality issues. It is his special interest in protecting and conserving environmentally sensitive areas and ecosystems that inspires him to serve on several intergovernmental associations, i.e. the Water and Environmental Sustainability Policy Taskforce for the Florida Association of Counties (FAC) and the Resiliency Taskforce of the National Association of Counties (NACo).
In addition to protecting and preserving our environment and water supply, Mayor Weiss' District 2 priorities include:
- being a responsible steward of tax dollars
- promoting economic development that supports good paying jobs
- striving to attain affordable quality housing for all county residents
Mayor Weiss' office is responsive to residents, businesses and agencies in District 2. If you encounter a problem or otherwise want to get in touch with our office, please call us at 561-355-2202 or email us at
- Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency Governing Board and Water Resources Task Force
- Business Development Executive Board (Chair)
- CareerSource Palm Beach County Consortium (Chair).
- City of West Palm Beach Planning Board, Vice Chair
- City of West Palm Beach Sustainable Housing Committee, Chair
- Palm Beach County Citizen Committee on Airport Noise, Vice Chair
- West Palm Beach Mayor's 2011 Transition, serving on the Budget, Neighborhood, and Efficiency and Effectiveness teams
- City of West Palm Beach Budget Advisory Committee
- West Palm Beach Police Department Citizens Observer Patrol, captain
- South End Court Watch - Coordinate and attend first appearance hearings representing the south end neighborhoods in West Palm Beach
- Speak Up for Kids of Palm Beach County, Inc., Founder and Treasurer
- West Palm Beach Police Foundation, president
- Florida Earth Foundation, board member
- Martin Luther King Jr. Coordinating Committee, board member
- Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens Board of trustees, vice president 2014-2016
- Children's Coalition of Palm Beach County, board member
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches, Governmental Affairs Committee member
- Member of Leadership West Palm Beach 2009
- SunFest, vice chair of Operations
- Palm Beaches Marathon Festival, committee chair
- Six Pillars –Civic and Governance Task Force, member
- West Palm Beach Library Foundation, volunteer
- New Horizons Service Dogs, Inc, volunteer.
- Children's Coalition of Palm Beach County, volunteer
- Florida Hate Crime Coalition, member
Awards & Recognitions
- Volunteer of the Year Citizen on Patrol COP of Year 2007
- Volunteer of the Year The ARC of Palm Beach County 2007
- Volunteer of the Year, West Palm Beach Police Department's 2009/2015
- Volunteer of the Quarter, West Palm Beach Police Department
- Commendation, West Palm Police Department Convenience Store Inspection Unit
- Temple Israel, West Palm Beach
- League of Women Voters
- Democratic Women's Club
- PBC Democratic Party, zone Leader
- West Palm Beach Democratic Club, board Member
- Palm Beach Democratic Club, board Member
- Lake Worth West Democratic Club, board Member
- Cypress Lakes Democratic Club, board Member
- Lake Worth West Democratic Club, board Member